The National University of Rosario is a free, public university in Argentina based in the city of Rosario (Santa Fe province). It is free for all students from Argentina and from any country in Latin America (including Cuba).
The National University of Rosario was founded in 1968 during the dictatorship of General Juan Carlos Onganía through the so-called Law No. 17,987.
Its founding structure was a detachment from the Universidad Nacional del Litoral from which it took its first academic and administrative bodies.
In its beginnings, the Universidad Nacional del Litoral was born with three faculties in Rosario, created on the basis of pre-existing structures: the Hospital del Centenario (where Che Guevara was born in 1928) would give rise to the Faculty of Medical Sciences; the Industrial College of the Nation, to the Faculty of Mathematical, Physicochemical and Natural Sciences Applied to Industry (today the Faculty of Exact Sciences, Engineering and Surveying); and the Higher School of Commerce, to the Faculty of Economic, Social and Political Sciences (today the Faculty of Economic Sciences and Statistics). And the secondary schools that depended on it, in addition to the Higher Institute of Music of Rosario.
Since its inception, the National University of Rosario began an active relationship with Rosario society from which it generated each of the projects it launched and which was expressed in sustained growth in accordance with the demands of the region by virtue of which, and based on seven faculties, institutes and organizations of the Universidad Nacional del Litoral based in Rosario, this university was created.
Its current structure is made up of 12 faculties, 3 secondary education institutes and 1 center for interdisciplinary studies. It has a 6.8-hectare campus where an academic offer is provided consisting of 124 postgraduate courses, 63 undergraduate degrees, 15 technical degrees, 53 intermediate degrees, 26 degrees by articulation with the non-university higher education system and 32 postgraduate degrees. In recent years, the “virtual campus” has been added to this academic offer, from which they offer courses in the distance mode and using Web support as a teaching environment.
Colleges and schools
Faculty of Architecture, Planning and Design
- Faculty of Architecture, Planning and Design:
Faculty of Political Sciences and International Relations.
- Faculty of Political Science and International Relations:
- Bachelor of Political Science
- Bachelor of Social Communication
- Bachelor of International Relations
- Degree in social work
- Higher Polytechnic Institute:
- Faculty of Agricultural Sciences:
- Agronomic Engineering
Faculty of Biochemical and Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Faculty of Biochemical and Pharmaceutical Sciences:
- Bachelor of Biotechnology
- Bachelor of Chemistry
- Faculty in Chemistry
- Faculty of Exact Sciences, Engineering and Surveying:
- Civil Engineering
- Electric engineering
- Electronic Engineering
- industrial engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Bachelor of Computer Science
- Bachelor of Physics
- Bachelor of Mathematics
- Mathematics Teacher
- Faculty of Medical Sciences:
- Bachelor of Nursing
- Bachelor of Speech Therapy
- Faculty of Humanities and Arts:
- Musical education
- Bachelor of Choral Direction
- BA in Anthropology
- Bachelor of Fine Arts
- Bachelor of Science in Education
- Bachelor of Philosophy
- BA in History
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor in Portuguese
- Lyrical SingingTeacher
- Professor in Educational Sciences
- Professor or Graduate in Organ
- Professor or Bachelor of Chamber Singing
- Professor or Bachelor of Clarinet
- Professor or Graduate in Composition
- Professor or Bachelor of Double Bass
- Professor or Graduate in Bassoon
- Professor or Graduate in Flute
- Professor or Bachelor of Guitar
- Professor or Graduate in Oboe
- Professor or Graduate in Pianoand Chamber Piano
- Professor or Graduate in Trombone
- Professor or Graduate in Horn
- Professor or Bachelor of Trumpet
- Professor or Bachelor of Tuba
- Professor or Graduate in Viola
- Professor or Bachelor of Violin
- Professor or Bachelor of Cello
- Professor in Anthropology
- Teacher in Fine Arts
- Professor of Philosophy
- Faculty in History
- Professor of Letters
- Teaching in Portuguese
- University Technician in Bandoneon
- University Technician in Battery
- National Public Translator of Portuguese
- Faculty of Dentistry:
- Faculty of Veterinary Sciences:
- Faculty of Psychology:
- Faculty of Economic Sciences and Statistics:
- “Libertador General San Martín” Higher School of Commerce:
- Law School:
- Writing desk
- Agrotechnical School «Libertador General San Martín»:
- Center for Interdisciplinary Studies:
The Research and Innovation Department is the body in charge of promoting and coordinating research at the Universidad del Rosario. Its mission is to develop and implement the Research System of the Universidad del Rosario (SIUR).
The Directorate for Research and Innovation functionally manages the portal and works jointly with the CRAI, the Chancellery, the Extension Directorate, Administrative Services, Financial Planning, the Legal Office, CEA and Faculties and Schools to provide the services found here.
Research is a transversal axis at the Universidad del Rosario that permeates all its teaching, research and extension activities. The University has been recognized as a “Teaching University that does research” not only to offer students high-quality programs and academic excellence, but also to provide solutions to specific problems in society.
Currently, the Universidad del Rosario has 36 research groups that work especially in the areas of health and social sciences; however, aware of interdisciplinarity in science, it also has strategic alliances with research groups from other higher education institutions and research centers.
All the research activities of the University are part of the Research System of the Universidad del Rosario (SIUR), whose objective is to articulate the research efforts that are developed through the various groups that exist, seeking to improve coordination, cooperation and complementarity. among them.
The results achieved to date are satisfactory and are due to an enormous effort made in recent years, but we still have to continue growing and strengthening research at the University, which is why its research groups are the fundamental units in charge of influencing thematic agendas with alternatives that from research contribute to propose solutions to society’s problems, improve the quality of life and therefore the well-being of the population in general.
40% of the research groups of the Universidad del Rosario are classified in categories A1 and A, the highest granted by the Administrative Department of Science, Technology and Innovation (Colciencias) according to the results of the last call for recognition and measurement of research groups.