Goldonna, Louisiana is located in Natchitoches Parish in the northwestern part of the state. The population of Goldonna is estimated to be around 1,000 people. It is a rural community with a mix of agricultural and timber-based businesses.
The climate and geography of Goldonna are typical for the region, with hot and humid summers and mild winters. The terrain is mostly flat with some rolling hills. The area is known for its lush vegetation and abundant wildlife. Check ehangzhou for best time to travel to Louisiana.
Goldonna has a long history dating back to 1832 when it was founded by settlers from the nearby town of Natchitoches. Over the years, Goldonna has seen its share of struggles including the Civil War and Reconstruction era, as well as economic hardship during the Great Depression.
Politics in Goldonna have traditionally been conservative, though there has been some liberal influence in recent years. The town’s current mayor is a Democrat who was elected in 2018.
The economy of Goldonna is largely based on agriculture and timber production, which provide jobs for many local residents. There are also several small businesses in town that provide services such as auto repair and construction work.
The schools in Goldonna are part of the Natchitoches Parish School System which includes four public elementary schools, one middle school, one high school, two alternative schools, two private schools, and one technical college campus located nearby in Natchitoches.
Goldonna has several landmarks that attract visitors from all over Louisiana including Indian Creek Lake which offers fishing, swimming, boating, camping activities; historic Melrose Plantation; Magnolia Plantation; Cane River National Heritage Area; Fort Jesup State Historic Site; Grand Ecore Visitor Center; St. Augustine Catholic Church; Christ Episcopal Church; Louisiana Military Museum; Cypress Bend Resort & Golf Course; and more!
Population: 457. Estimated population in July 2020: 451 (-1.3% change)
Males: 230 (50.3%), Females: 227 (49.7%)
Zip code: 71031
Median resident age: 31.3 years
Median household income: $27,500
Median house value: $43,600
Races in Goldonna:
- White Non-Hispanic (98.2%)
- American Indian (1.1%)
Ancestries: United States (31.9%), Irish (10.5%), French (7.2%), German (5.0%), English (4.8%), Danish (2.6%).
Elevation: 144 feet
Land area: 11.0 square miles
Goldonna, Louisiana is a small town located in the northern part of the state. It has a population of just over 1,000 people and is comprised primarily of African American residents. The median household income is around $30,000 per year and the median home value is about $75,000. The cost of living in Goldonna is generally lower than other parts of the state. Groceries, utilities, and transportation costs are all lower than average. There are also several amenities available to residents such as a library, parks and recreation center, and several churches.
The town has two schools: Goldonna High School and Goldonna Elementary School. Both schools provide quality education to the students with excellent teachers who are dedicated to helping them reach their full academic potential. The schools also offer extracurricular activities such as sports teams and clubs which help foster a sense of community among students. Additionally, there are many opportunities for adults to further their education through local colleges or universities in nearby cities like Shreveport or Monroe.
Overall, Goldonna provides a safe environment for its residents with low cost of living expenses and plenty of educational resources available for both children and adults alike. It’s an ideal location for those looking for a quiet place to live with plenty of southern charm!
For population 25 years and over in Goldonna
- High school or higher: 69.9%
- Bachelor’s degree or higher: 10.4%
- Graduate or professional degree: 3.0%
- Unemployed: 3.4%
- Mean travel time to work: 46.9 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Goldonna village
- Never married: 18.1%
- Now married: 64.3%
- Separated: 1.4%
- Widowed: 10.0%
- Divorced: 6.1%
0.7% Foreign born
Population change in the 1990s: +36 (+8.6%).
Hospitals/medical centers near Goldonna:
- WINN PARISH MEDICAL CENTER (about 20 miles; WINNFIELD, LA)
- JACKSON PARISH HOSPITAL (about 21 miles; JONESBORO, LA)
- NATCHITOCHES PARISH HOSPITAL (about 23 miles; NATCHITOCHES, LA)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Goldonna:
- ALEXANDRIA INTL (about 56 miles; ALEXANDRIA, LA; Abbreviation: AEX)
- BARKSDALE AFB (about 61 miles; BOSSIER CITY, LA; Abbreviation: BAD)
- SHREVEPORT REGIONAL (about 69 miles; SHREVEPORT, LA; Abbreviation: SHV)
Other public-use airports nearest to Goldonna:
- JONESBORO (about 19 miles; JONESBORO, LA; Abbreviation: F88)
- DAVID G JOYCE (about 19 miles; WINNFIELD, LA; Abbreviation: 0R5)
- WINN PARISH MEDICAL CENTER (about 21 miles; WINNFIELD, LA; Abbreviation: 0L6)
Colleges and Universities
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Goldonna:
- NORTHWESTERN STATE UNIVERSITY OF LOUISIANA (about 23 miles; NATCHITOCHES, LA; Full-time enrollment: 7,710)
- GRAMBLING STATE UNIVERSITY (about 38 miles; GRAMBLING, LA; Full-time enrollment: 4,299)
- LOUISIANA TECH UNIVERSITY (about 40 miles; RUSTON, LA; Full-time enrollment: 9,013)
- LOUISIANA STATE UNIVERSITY-SHREVEPORT (about 55 miles; SHREVEPORT, LA; Full-time enrollment: 3,059)
- BOSSIER PARISH COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 67 miles; BOSSIER CITY, LA; Full-time enrollment: 2,743)
- UNIVERSITY OF LOUISIANA AT MONROE (about 68 miles; MONROE, LA; Full-time enrollment: 8,116)
- SOUTHERN ARKANSAS UNIVERSITY MAIN CAMPUS (about 87 miles; MAGNOLIA, AR; Full-time enrollment: 2,646)
Public primary/middle school in Goldonna:
- GOLDONNA ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 233; Location: 248 ASH STREET; Grades: PK – 06)