Federal University of Minas Gerais. Public academic institution of Higher Education of Brazil. It was created in 1927 and ranks tenth in the ranking of the best universities in Latin America.
In Minas Gerais, the first higher level institution was founded in 1839, the Pharmacy School of Ouro Preto. In 1875 the School of Mines was created and in 1892, already in the republican period, the old capital of the State of Minas Gerais also opened its doors to the Faculty of Law.
In 1898, with the move of the capital, the Faculty of Law is transferred to Belo Horizonte. Later, in 1907, the Free School of Dentistry was created and, four years later, the Faculty of Medicine and the School of Engineering. And in 1911, the Pharmacy course was created, annexed to the Free School of Dentistry.
The creation of a university in the State of Minas Gerais already appeared in the political project of the Inconfidentes. The idea, however, only came to fruition in 1927, with the founding of the University of Minas Gerais (UMG), a private institution, subsidized by the State of Minas Gerais, arising from the union of the four schools of the superior that then existed in Belo Horizonte. The UMG remained in the state sphere until 1949, when it was federalized. The current name of the Federal University of Minas Gerais (UFMG) was adopted in 1965.
- agricultural Sciences
- Biological Sciences
- Exact and Earth Sciences
- human Sciences
- Health Sciences
- Social and Applied Sciences
- Linguistics, Letters and Art
This institution is the tenth in the list of the best universities in Latin America, according to QS World University Rankings.
Federal University of Mato Grosso (Brazil)
Federal University of Mato Grosso. Public academic institution located in the city of Cuiabá (headquarters campus) and in four other cities, Rondonópolis, Barra do Garças, Pontal do Araguaia and Sinop. It was created on December 10, 1970
It was created on December 10, 1970 by Law No. 5647. However, the historical trajectory that outlined its foundation is prior to that date, taking into account that it resulted from the merger of two institutions: the Faculty of Law, which existed since 1934, and the Institute of Sciences and Letters of Cuiabá, which emerged in 1966.
UFMT is made up of 29 institutes and faculties, approximately 56,000 professionals have already been trained, and it currently has more than 34,000 students in its 106 undergraduate and 61 postgraduate courses (master’s and doctorate). In research, 442 projects were registered in 2016 and it is responsible for the largest scientific production in Mato Grosso, integrating national and international research networks.